Free Online Coding Workshop for Kids (MCO Special)
SCRATCH CODING FOR KIDS ONLINE WORKSHOP
Let your kids learn how to build games instead of just playing them during this MCO period. Our online coding workshop teaches learners basic coding concepts using the Scratch programming language. Learn how to animate a sprite, code a character, create a game and much more, all through the wonders of coding!
Why learn Scratch?
- Easy to learn with kid-friendly interface
- Fun & interactive
- Promotes creativity & logical thinking
- A great way to build a foundation for coding
- Coding is the language of the future
LEARN HOW TO PROGRAM YOUR OWN MINI GAME IN 1 HOUR!
Join our FREE introductory workshop and experience Scratch Coding hands-on with 5T3M's unique teaching approach.
Workshop Objective: Creating a simple "Ninja Dodge" game whereby the end result has the player controlling a Ninja to dodge falling objects
- Recommended for children 6-12 years old with no coding experience
- Program your Ninja to move left and right
- Select an element and program it to fall from the sky at random positions and speeds
- Make clones of your selected element
- Program your Ninja to show a certain outcome when it is hit by the element, i.e. the player loses the game
- Create a variable for the game, i.e. setting a timer
Available time slots
- 6 Feb (Sat) 11:00am - 12:00pm
- 6 Feb (Sat) 12:30pm - 1:30pm
*All our workshops will be conducted online via Zoom. Do note that each student will need a computer to participate in the workshop. Tablet devices are not recommended.
What are you waiting for? Secure your spot today!
Our representatives will contact you to confirm your workshop slot after your registration.
This workshop is limited to persons living in Malaysia or Singapore only.
- The event description was updated. Diff#902564 2021-01-30 16:31:34